The dates sounds good to me. I agree that the bay area has an advantage because of its large tech community. On the other hand, it is a question of how we run the event. For Berlin we managed to get about 200 attendees to Berlin, but for the BeamSummit in Las Vegas with ApacheCon the attendance was much lower.

Should this also be discussed on the user mailing list?

Cheers,
Max