I believe taking Brian and Robert's advice to help git detect moves (even
more than you already have) will make this much more manageable. I just
tried it out and squashing commits brings it to "631 files changed, 10363
insertions(+), 9945 deletions(-)" according to git, so that is more
manageable than +47k - 47k. I'm not saying that a total squash is best.
There may be a better way to factor the changes.

Kenn

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 8:09 PM Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com> wrote:

> Nam,
>
>  - Website looks good and looks the same as the current website. (Visually
> comparing a few pages, not a deep analysis.)
> - contribute.md looks good. (this is new content.)
> - website/Dockerfile and website/README.md changes look good.
> - I do not know what is the new version of some files, for example:
> website/src/_data/authors.yml,  website/src/_data/capability-matrix.yml --
> what replaces them?
>
> There are 887 file changes. It is not easy to review this. I wanted to go
> commit by commit, but that did not help much. How about we try to organize
> this review as reviewable commits.
> - Changes to the mechanics (jekyll to hugo), themes, build files, website
> related readmes etc. This will likely be a smaller change in number of
> files. (This will likely have many completed new, and completely deleted
> files. Only a few files have meaningful diffs.)
> - Changes to the content. This might be a large number of files with
> minimal changes. I do not think we can manually review each file, but at
> least a quick review of minimal changes to each file would be good enough.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Ahmet
>
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 4:29 PM Hannah Jiang <hannahji...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Since we want to move forward with the PR, I would like to ask the
>>> community to hold off changes to the current Beam website for a week, until
>>> we are able to review and merge the PR. Is this acceptable to everyone?
>>
>> Do we have an exact date when we can push changes to the website? I have
>> PRs to update documents so would like to plan ahead.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 1:17 PM Nam Bui <nam....@polidea.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> I tried my best to handle renamed files in Git. I have no clue why
>>> GitHub doesn't show it, but finally, I made this commit [1] (thanks for
>>> your idea @bhulette) so you guys can review changes with ease (there is no
>>> bunch of deleted markdown files anymore :D). Also, new staged version is
>>> deployed, you could check it out [2].
>>>
>>> In case you are interested in translation, here is the proof of concept
>>> [3] (the earth icon on the right corner is temporarily used for switching
>>> languages). You can take a look at the translation guide for this PoC [4].
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/11554/commits/b267bb360866a723ac2536f408f23de648c7cd4d
>>> [2]