On Wednesday 05 April 2006 1:02 pm, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> >> Also CiteProc is working right now using data stored in an eXist xml
> >> database.
> >> The quickest way to build something that works would be to build a
> >> xforms
> >> based browser to work with eXist and a function to inset the selected
> >> citation into Writer.
> >
> > I know nothing about Xforms.  Is this something that could be built,
> > as it were, from within OOo?  Or are you talking about a separate
> > application?
>
> OOo has built in XForms support in 2.0. The problem is it's really
> designed for end users.

I was actually thinking of the bibliographic browser forms already in the
eXist sample demos.

In OOo the Base forms are easy to build, but you need to do OOo Basic
programming to set up more advanced features like tabbed panels and probably
to do complex multi-table updates.

You can use Xforms in OOo but it is harder to use than Base forms which are of
the point and click type, to link database fields to form fields.

In OOo Xforms you have to construct your own Xpath statements for the form
fields. Which for me is like hard programming.

These are probably only suitable for early and quick prototyping .