On Apr 5, 2006, at 11:50 AM, Matt Price wrote:

should it be a little more extensive here?  so for instnace:  I am
extremely disorganized, and in the absence of a satisfactory
bibliogrpahic solution have dealt with various bibs in the last few
years.  On one paper I use one bib, for another project I may have a
wholly different one.  So shouldthe uri be:

       person:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:SOME_HASH_HERE:smith99

I'm not really sure exactly what it should be, but yeah, it'd take some thought.

I should also add that using uris for association is likely what will
be the outcome of the metadata work at the ODF TC. It provides a
standard and general mechanism to link content and metadata.

How's that?

do you guys have some docs on this emerging standard?

It's not emerging; it's already widely used:

        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Identifier>

See how examples like RDF and XLink use uris for linking. One example of the former relevant to this discussion:

        <http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/06/02/dijalog.html>

Bruce