Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>> my question: what is lost when info is embedded rather than fetched?
>
> Not much.

Synchronization with further modifications of the database -- when I open
five years old document, I would like it to reflect all updates and
corrections I made into my central bibliographic database in meantime.

Matej

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

I believe in the power of prayer. It's been said: "I would rather
stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers
of the righteous." The prayers of a friend are one of life's most
gracious gifts.
    -- George W. Bush at the 2001 National Prayer Breakfast