On Thursday 25 January 2007 1:42 am, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm making some minor changes to the ODF citation field that I hope
> will be added soon. One change I want to make is to add control to the
> local styling attribute. This is the flag that will say, for example,
> suppress author, so that you get (1999) instead of (Doe, 1999).
>
> My question is, what flags do we need beyond suppress author?

Also "suppress-date" As in - 'In 1905 two fundamental physics papers were
published (Heisenberg) and (Einstein).

The Ibidem citation insertion panel has Suppress

*brackets around the citation
*authors name
*date

(Of course if all these were selected  there would by nothing left to
display.)

The suppression of brackets around the citation is for this entry only. Bruce
says this will be handled globally. A use of local suppression could be used
in a cases like this -

'A major advance in physics occurred when Einstein published one of his
fundamental physics papers (1905).

In this case we have not typed in  'Einstein' but used the insert citation
with 'brackets around the citation' and 'date' suppressed.

Is this worth supporting and is  'Einstein' really a citation?  the (1905)
paper defiantly is a citation. So I am uncertain about this one. Also I have
proposed an other method to achieve this sort of thing - that "Bibliographic
attributes should be available from the Cross-reference facility", see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer_enhancements_for_OOBib#Bibliographic_attributes_should_be_available_from_the_Cross-reference_facility

Ibidem has several other insert citation options including - a custom, manual
entry for this instance only. See:
http://bibliographic.openoffice.org/screenImages/IbidemDescription_html_m6ca0a53b.gif

I do not propose that we blindly follow all the features of Ibidem but we
should consider if they are worth supporting.

regards

David