Von: Leonard Mada <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> [...]
> Instead of having flags for every citation field, I suggested:
> - have styles for citations
> - AND allow more than one citation styles in the same document
>    -- styles are set globally (therefore, IF one decides to change a
> style, he changes all citations at once; with flags he would have had to
> change every one singly)
>    -- it would be difficult to construct wildly different styles
> (something NOT easily done with flags)
>    -- and the formatting code would be more simple, because there are
> NOT plenty of flags and exceptions to deal with; a new style is simply a
> new style, created by the same formatting engine;
>
> for example:
> 'default style' for citation: [Author <et al.> Year] (<> means only when
> needed)
> 'style 1': [Author <et al.>]
> 'style 2': [Year]
> 'style 3': [Author <et al.>, <number>], IF author has more than one
> papers in the same year
>
> We would set for every citation a style. IF NO style set, OOo should
> assume default.
>
> What do you think of it?

I like it, and I agree with drawbacks of the "multiple flag" solution for
single citations. Mostly, your idea is a similar concept as for text styles:
Instead of having the user changing single pieces of text to bold or larger,
you define a style "heading" and apply this ... and have the possibility to
change all such occurrences later with just a few clicks.

The more I think about it: Why not handle the management of local citation
styles in the GUI the same way that text or paragraph styles are already
handled - that is, using the sidebar?
Oh, I wish this already existed ...
--
Matthias Basler