Frederick Giasson wrote:
Hi Bruce,
Yeah, I know.

Let's try this. I'm going to try to link this into the FRBR world view.

Document: a written, transcribed, or recorded manifestation of a work typically intended to communicate some intellectual or artistic information or ideas.

Collection: a collection of documents

By this definition, an edited book or a proceeding both qualify as documents because those objects are themselves manifestations. OTOH, I think one could say they also qualify as collections because they each contain separate documents (unlike, say, an authored book, which only contains sub-documents parts like chapters).

We could say, then, that edited books and proceedings are both subclasses of a union of Document and Collection. E.g. they are neither one nor the other, but both.

so, you are suggesting to create a bibo:EditedBook and to change the bibo:Proceeding such that they are the subclass of the union of bibo:Document and bibo:Collection?

This is what I was floating as essentially a strawman (e.g. I'm not sure about it), though Proceeding would be a subclass of EditedBook.

This could work, but please describe bibo:EditedBook to make sure that This is Clear! :)

Right. Does anyone else have opinions on this?

Bruce