I'm not sure this is right. When I run locally, I get this in the logs of
CookieTest

Host address: 127.0.0.1
Host name: localhost

while in the vm I get this:

Host address: 10.0.0.4
Host name: 10.0.0.4

"Host name" is what I get here in Bookie.java:

        if (conf.getUseHostNameAsBookieID()) {
            hostAddress = inetAddr.getAddress().getCanonicalHostName();
            LOG.info("Host name: " + hostAddress);
        }

It shouldn't be returning the IP address, no?

-Flavio