GitHub user aledsage opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/859

    Delete old deprecated code

    In this PR, I've only deleted things deprecated in 0.9.0 or before. I
haven't deleted all of it either - I didn't delete the deprecated code that was
still in use in non-trivial ways.

    We could do with another look through the code for more things to delete,
and could also look at deleting things deprecated since 0.10.0 (released 21 Dec
2016 -
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.brooklyn%22%20AND%20a%3A%22brooklyn-core%22).

    I've tried to be conservative, to not delete anything that might affect
historic persisted state. For example, the only classes I've deleted are ones
that I'd really hope are not referenced in anyone's really old persisted state!

    This will require some other minor changes in brooklyn-library etc (to
remove use of deprecated code), and will likely affect some downstream projects
(e.g. https://github.com/brooklyncentral/advanced-networking).

    $ git pull https://github.com/aledsage/brooklyn-server
delete-old-deprecated-code

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/859.patch

    This closes #859

----
commit 6b25fd86e959c5bbd004111148bcbe6e9bab1874