Hi hi,

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 4:26 AM, Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name> wrote:

> I was wondering about a couple of things we could do.
> On the one hand, we have this in the changelog right now:
> 1.5.4 (Pending)
> * Added: Support to compiling Kotlin
> * Fixed: Remove section on development builds in the Contributing section.
> * Added: New way to concatenate file contents when merging several
> archives together.
> * Added: New way to transform file contents when merging several archives
> together.
> * Fixed: Removed .class files from being checked in.
> * Added: Support both Jetty 6 and Jetty 9 as addons. Added integration
> tests to cover their use.
> We could cut this and release 1.5.4.

If we do this route I will also fix BUILDR-732 recently submitted by Eric
Bruneton

> At the same time, I am wondering if we could push a few more changes in
> call it 1.6.0.
>
> Off the top of my head:
> * Now that we support Kotlin compilation, there is a couple of frameworks
> we can support for testing, like Spek.
> * We (ok, maybe just me) could spend some time on the website to revamp
> it, add more things, remove some more deprecated elements.
> * Integrate with lock_jar? I started using it in my projects and I think
> it has unique value most users would not discover on their own.

I have been meaning to integrate this with or something like it for ages so
I would love to see this happen.

> Please let me know what you think.

If we decide to go to 1.6.0 I would also like to invest some time and redo
the way we generate intellij idea project files. I would like to be able to
support all the different types of projects in idea and all different
language/artefact types. (Mostly node/typescript and ruby modules).

I have a library that I have been working on that is ~95% complete at
https://github.com/realityforge/reality-idea which just helps you generate
idea project files. Rewriting this as a library is helping me test it
extensively.

I have yet to complete the integration back into buildr but I expect I
should be able to do that while maintaining the existing API. However I am
about to go on holiday for a bit and in preparation mode for baby2 so I
suspect I wont be able to get this done until the end of September. If we
can wait that long for 1.6.0 then I can get off my caboose and work on
that.

Otherwise more than happy for a 1.5.4 release and a 1.6.0 release when we
get to it.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald