Thank you, Michael, and Apache Calcite PMC/community,

I am honored and privileged to be a committing member of this project.

My goals and commitments are to help coordinate the R&D community,
introduce research-related contributions to the project, and promote the
project within the database and data management research community.

My research interests are in the areas of heterogeneous data management
(most prominently polystores), and in the methods for linking, aligning,
and imputation of heterogenous, discontinuous datasets.
I am a computer scientist with Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and joint
faculty with the University of Tennessee, EECS department. I am located in
Knoxville, TN.

For R&D minded colleagues here, or those interested in the exploration of
concepts being introduced in the R&D settings (conferences, research
portals (e.g. Google Research, etc.),
please feel free to use me as a point of contact and coordinator of these
activities.

We already have a very good group going with Daniel, Michael, Jesus,
Julian, and Riccardo, and we hope to keep delivering results, and to keep
the community growing.

Thank you,
Edmon