Hi Vladimir,

without beeing a super expert I guess the term "binary" in this context refers
to a compiled package.
The Release Policy [1] states that for a (compiled) artifact the source code
has to be released alongside.

So the images are basically the source for the homepage or documentation and
the csv.gz files are necessary for testing (and thus building) the project.
The Maven Wrapper on the other hand is pre-compiled software but its source is
not published with the release (as it has nothing to do with the software).

If I understand the policy correctly it would be okay to include the calcite
jars in the release (as we do via maven central).
So I guess the term "binary" is a bit misleading.

Julian

[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#compiled-packages

Am 15.03.19, 08:08 schrieb "Vladimir Sitnikov" <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>:

    Julian> maven-wrapper.jar is a binary file, and we cannot have binary
    files in source distributions.

    Hey, Julian, that is a great finding!
    Can you please clarify if the following binary files count towards -1 as
well?

    site/img/pie-chart.png
    site/img/cake.jpg
    site/img/pb-calcite-140.png
    site/img/pb-calcite-240.png
    site/img/powered-by.png
    site/img/window-types.png
    site/img/logo.png
    site/img/feather.png
    site/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf
    site/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff
    site/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot
    file/src/test/resources/sales-csv/EMPS.csv.gz
    example/csv/src/test/resources/sales/EMPS.csv.gz

    Vladimir