Good point James regarding the Unix commands.

Regards
JB

On 10/17/2011 11:10 AM, James Strachan wrote:
On 17 October 2011 10:03, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<j...@nanthrax.net>  wrote:
Hi Claus,

You are right: it depends if the command accepts several bundles or not.

For instance:

- bundles:start 23 34 56
- system:shutdown (no argument)

On trunk, you will see bundle:* or bundles:* commands. It's the same: it
depends if the commands accept several bundles, or only one.

No problem to discuss if it's better to use the singular name (bundle:*,
service:*, system:*). I'm fine with that, let see what the others think ;)

Personally I prefer the singular - then its simple and you don't have
to remember whether you can or can't specify more than one argument -
nor do you have to then rename things if you later on change the
argument processing on a command.

e.g. folks often start / stop a single bundle. It feels weird to have to type

   bundles:start 44

In unix you don't type "greps" or "mores" when they can support more
than one argument.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbono...@apache.org