Hi Babak,
I like lambdas as a concise way of writing callbacks and short
stateless functions. I have my IDE auto replace inner classes with
lambdas where applicable.

I wouldn't use them on hot paths as they incur a deeper stack. On hot
paths I'd prefer that we use stateless anonymous classes and avoid
allocating new instances if possible, i.e. cache them in a class
field.

Where possible we should annotate Camel public API with
@FunctionalInterface, to enable users to use them as they see fit.

2c

zoran

--