Is there consensus on a way forward with this?  Is there going to be a three
branch plan with “features”, “testing”, and “stable” starting with 4.0?  Or is
this still in the discussion mode?  External to this thread there have been
decisions made to create third party LTS releases and hopes that the project
would decide to address the concerns in this thread.  It seems like this is the
place to complete the discussion.