If you think of the tick tock releases as interim development releases I
actually think they have been working pretty well. What if we continue with the
same process and do 4.0.x as LTS like we have 3.0.x LTS.

So you get 4.x releases that are trickling out new features which will
eventually be in the 5.0.x LTS and you get 4.0.x as an LTS release of all the
3.x built up features.

This seems like a fairly straight forward process to me.  It gives people
monthly releases that they can test new features with, but it also provides a
stable line for those that want one.

-Jeremiah