For reference we have released https://github.com/instaclustr/cassandra ,
with the end goal that people have a stable target on the 3.x branch while
this is all worked out.

We are likely to continue our releases even with a release cadence change,
but we would track official versions much more closely and our repository
will end up just being a public view of what we do internally rather than
something we advocate over official releases.

For further details on our thoughts around this see:

   - https://www.instaclustr.com/blog/2016/10/19/patched-cassandra-3-7/
   - https://github.com/instaclustr/cassandra#faq

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 at 09:38 Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there consensus on a way forward with this?  Is there going to be a
> three branch plan with “features”, “testing”, and “stable” starting with
> 4.0?  Or is this still in the discussion mode?  External to this thread
> there have been decisions made to create third party LTS releases and hopes
> that the project would decide to address the concerns in this thread.  It
> seems like this is the place to complete the discussion.
>
> > On Sep 26, 2016, at 10:52 AM, Jonathan Haddad <j...@jonhaddad.com> wrote:
> >
> > Not yet. I hadn't seen any Jirsa before to release a specific version,
> only
> > discussion on the ML.
> >
> > I'll put up a Jira with my patch that back ports the bug fix.
> > On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 8:26 AM Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Jon, is there a JIRA ticket for this request? I appreciate everyone's
> >> input, and I think this is a fine proposal.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Michael

> in a
> this.
> >>>

> https://github.com/rustyrazorblade/cassandra/tree/fix_commitlog_exception

> --
Ben Bromhead
CTO | Instaclustr <https://www.instaclustr.com/>
+1 650 284 9692
Managed Cassandra / Spark on AWS, Azure and Softlayer