Hello, developers of Cassandra. I'm really interested in the Cassandra project
(especially in distributed metadata components(like gossip)) and eager to take
part in GSoC, dive deep into Cassandra internals and make a contribution under
mentorship.
Currently I'm working on my undergrad diploma in Yandex YT (analog of Hadoop).
My work is related to distributed metadata and anomalous nodes detection.
So I have few questions:
1. Does Cassandra plan to take part in GSoC this year?
2. Are anyone willing to mentor? (not necessarily relating to distributed
metadata)
It'll be nice to see wide range of Cassandra projects and ideas. In this way
Cassandra could attract new talents and accelerate development :)
(Mentoring organization application deadline is February 9, 16:00 UTC, so it
need to be done as soon as possible)

Regards, Maxim Rusak