Sorry for the top post, but just want to make sure everyone has the details:
If any committers want to be involved in this, the ASF is filling this
out as a whole so we don't need to do too much on a project level.

ASF details for mentorship (including GSoC) can be found here:
http://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html