Hi,

For all those people who use MAX TTL=20 years for inserting/updating data in
production, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14092 can silently
cause irrecoverable Data Loss. This seems like a certain TOP MOST BLOCKER to
me. I think the category of the JIRA must be raised to BLOCKER from Major.
Unfortunately, the JIRA is still "Unassigned" and no one seems to be actively
working on it. Just like any other critical vulnerability, this vulnerability
demands immediate attention from some very experienced folks to bring out an
Urgent Fast Track Patch for all currently Supported Cassandra versions 2.1,2.2
and 3.x. As per my understanding of the JIRA comments, the changes may not be
that trivial for older releases. So, community support on the patch is very
much appreciated.

Thanks
Anuj