And when should it get updated?

Currently our KEYS file: that contains the public keys of those that can signed
released binary artifacts; only contains a few of the PMC. My understanding is
that we've avoid updating it because it causes headache for operators in having
to validate the authenticity of a new key that's signed a binary when
upgrading.

If this is accurate, how prevalent is this problem actually on operators? Do
some operators download the KEYS fresh from apache.org every release? Are the
keys of our PMCs already in the existing web of trust?

I'm not knowledgeable on the precedence here for operators, and curious to
what's the community's stance (and why)… And whether it is the time right to
add all/more our PMC to the file? And whether we should always add new PMC to
the file (if they're already in the web of trust?)?

cheers,
Mick

https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html#Validating
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi#verify