I dont think it's awkward, I think a lot of us know there are serious bugs
and we need a release, but we keep finding other bugs and it's super
tempting to say "one more fix"

We should probably just cut next 3.0.x and 3.11.x though, because there are
some nasty bugs hiding in there that the testing for 4.0 has uncovered.