I've helped a lot of teams (a dozen to two dozen maybe) migrate away from
MVs due to inconsistencies, issues with streaming (have you added or
removed nodes yet?), and massive performance issues to the point of cluster
failure under (what I consider) trivial load.  I haven't gone too deep into
analyzing their issues, folks are usually fine with "move off them", vs
having me do a ton of analysis.

tlp-stress has a materialized view workload built in, and you can add
arbitrary CQL via the --cql flag to add a MV to any existing workload such
as KeyValue or BasicTimeSeries.