I see this discussion as several decisions which can be made in small
increments.

1. In release cycles, when can we propose a feature to be deprecated or
marked experimental. Ideally a new feature should come out experimental if
required but we have several who are candidates now. We can work on
integrating this in the release lifecycle doc we already have.
2. What is the process of making an existing feature experimental? How does
it affect major releases around testing.
3. What is the process of deprecating/removing an experimental feature.
(Assuming experimental features should be deprecated/removed)

Coming to MV, I think we need more data before we can say we
should deprecate MV. Here are some of them which should be part of
deprecation process
1.Talk to customers who use them and understand what is the impact. Give
them a forum to talk about it.
2. Do we have enough resources to bring this feature out of the
experimental feature list in next 1 or 2 major releases. We cannot have too
many experimental features in the database. Marking a feature experimental
should not be a parking place for a non functioning feature but a place
while we stabilize it.