Having 3rd party projects page seems great to me, and offers a low friction
way to highlight useful projects from the community.

Also would be good to have a set of example walkthroughs which walk you
through a basic setup of: 1 node, multi node, and multi-dc.  I don't find
this on the site and always found it useful in hadoop (see
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html#Prepare_to_Start_the_Hadoop_Cluster
)