Thanks all for the feedback here, much appreciated.

My takeaways are:
1. Tools that are not governed by the project will not be listed on the
primary downloads page
2. A tool like this could be listed on the 3rd party / community page,
provided that it doesn't have a prohibitive license
3. There's room to improve the existing 3rd party / community page to make
it easier for users to find community-built tooling and a Jira+PR would
suffice to update that

If I missed anything let me know,

Chris