> Listing a product on our website implicitly endorses that offering, and
we should absolutely be restrictive about what we endorse. I’m -1
unconditionally endorsing

I don't think listing a product on the website means implicitly endorsing
it if it's explicitly mentioned with a visible disclaimer that we're not
endorsing the listed products.

>From my experience, an ecosystem page is an open wiki editable by anyone
with the sole objective of allowing external users to easily find anything
related to the project, and not a list of "unconditionally endorsed"
offerings.

Why not take a community-driven laissez-faire approach and just let people
list whatever they want if they feel part of the community, with the
explicit disclaimer that being on the list is not a project endorsement of
the offering? For instance, Apache Kafka uses very simple wording to convey
this [1]: "Here is a list of tools *we have been* told about that integrate
with Kafka outside the main distribution. *We haven't tried them all, so
they may not work*!" [1]

I think it's fine to bikeshed how to categorize offerings, present the
list, word the disclaimer and even remove clear violations of good faith,
but I don't think we should be over presumptuous and prescribe what is
allowed and forbidden on a public wiki of an open source project.

Two objective suggestions I'd like to make are:
- Give more visibility/prominence to
auxiliary/complementary/supplementary/non-competing/open-source
projects/products by listing them at the top of the page, and list
closed-source / SaaS / API-compatible offerings under its own category at
the bottom of the page with maybe an additional disclaimer that not all
features may be available on these offerings.
- There are 3 sub-offerings from a single vendor in the "Professional
Services" category, but I think it's sufficient to list each service
provider once per category, since the sub-offerings can be easily found by
visiting the service provider website.

Paulo
-

[1] https://spark.apache.org/third-party-projects.html