> If I had to pick a month of the year to release software used by large
> enterprises, it probably would be something like March instead of December.
> I have no good research to back that up, of course...

Can confirm. Many large enterprises (especially retailers) have been in
"holiday code freeze" for a few weeks already. Infrastructure teams will be
freezing all changes shortly (they get a few "buffer" weeks to scale-out
for holiday traffic). Everything is basically locked-down until the week
after New Years.

Once infra teams can push changes again, they'll likely have a backlog of
findings from their security team, indicating a list of things that need to
be patched/updated across all of their server instances. At Target, we
usually had to spend all of January playing "catch-up" to make the security
scans happy again.

Maybe by mid-February, they'll be ready to entertain doing a database
update. So the February/March timeframe is a good choice.

Aaron