Just to update this thread, Mike has identified the root cause of 19011 and in the process uncovered 2 additional very closely related issues. (Fantastic job fuzzing there!) Fixes for all three issues are in hand, and he continues to test.

After some conversation w/ Mick, Alex, and Mike, I feel like cutting a beta1 now is fine as long as we commit to a beta2 before summit that includes 19011. Putting a beta w/ SAI in this state into users’ hands at summit would be very, very bad.