Hello Werner and Ralf,

   - My patch hasn't been applied completely. Even so, patch didn't remove
   all references to 2.0-SNAPSHOT version of castor-maven-plugin (just ones
   which prevented building castor), and there are some other snapshot
   references too (default release plugin configuration would have prevented
   this). All the modules seem to inherit org.codehaus.castor:castor aggregator
   parent module which has pluginManagement section but it currently doesn't
   specify castor-maven-plugin. IMO it would be best to add castor-maven-plugin
   with latest released version there, and then remove all the version
   references from other child modules - this would improve consistency and
   maintainability.
   - All the commented out stuff in poms should be cleaned up too - poms are
   under version control after all, and all the commented out stuff just lowers
   readability.
   - There are also multiple build helper plugin configurations with
   comments that they should be removed once new castor-maven-plugin is
   released. IMO it is questionable whether build helper configuration should
   be removed, .classpath files with hardcoded classpath entries to generated
   sources should better be removed from version control (read on for more on
   this) - maven executions will use build helper plugin while for eclipse
   there are maven integration plugins like m2eclipse which can handle this
   dynamically
   - Why have IDE (eclipse) specific files been put under version control? I
   prefer to put them under svn:ignore and this seems to be practice in many if
   not all maven core and plugin projects.
      - Eclipse specific files like .classpath committed to svn have
      hardcoded stuff like M2_REPO classpath entries. I'm using
eclipse too, with
      m2eclipse plugin and subversive with m2eclipse integration, so
project can
      be easily checked-out as maven project, where m2eclipse
configures eclipse
      classpath, not by adding classpath entry for every dependency,
but by adding
      a single classpath entry to
org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER
      which acts as m2eclipse managed dynamic library with all the dependencies
      configured in pom; now, if I manage project with m2eclipse it will modify
      these IDE specific files and eclipse projects will appear as if
they've been
      modified, and IDE specific files will appear in listings when preparing
      patch;
      - .checkstyle configuration file is also under version control; with
      checkstyle 5.0 out, and eclipse-cs plugin and its integration with
      m2eclipse, it is enough just to configure latest maven
checkstyle plugin in
      castor parent module pom, this configuration will be used by
maven and that
      same configuration through eclipse-cs plugin m2eclipse
integration will be
      used in eclipse as well; eclipse-cs m2eclipse generation in that
case will
      configure eclipse-cs by generating .checkstyle file so it can possibly be
      different to one under version control so this file and project
it belongs
      will appear as with modifications, thus it would be best to put
this, again
      IDE specific, file out of version control and into the svn:ignore list.

If you agree, I can create a patch with all these adjustments included for
you to verify.

Regards,
Stevo.