Daniel, "technical" reasons for dropping the 4 are all in the field of
social engineering. In practice (as I think Wei also described) we are
already treating the "minor" version number as major version. Since
4.0 or 4.1 (don´t remember) there has been renewed talk of a 5 , but
never enough reason and or commitment to make it real. We could argue
about it a lot.

so
¨¨¨
The main point is: *we have to understand the technical reasons for
the proposal and what we expect from it before deciding anything.
¨¨¨
The most important point is that we expect that people understand that
we treat the number that now seems to be "minor" as major release
numbers.

--
Daan