Is there a specific reason that in MacAddress it uses "ifconfig" or
other utilities to grab the Mac Address as opposed to the java API
java.net.NetworkInterface?  There's a comment in that code that says
that code was copied from some public domain utility.  So I'm guessing
its there just because that's what somebody wrote back before Java 6
introduced NetworkInteface.getHardwareAddress().  I'd like to rewrite
this code to use the standard API, grab the Mac deterministically and
also not use ifconfig which was deprecated 3 years ago.

Darren