Github user rafaelweingartner commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1056#issuecomment-155415964

    @DaanHoogland I agree with @miguelaferreira.
    I have looked that code.
    The select it runs is the following:
    select h.id from host h where h.status = 'Up' and h.hypervisor_type is not
null  and h.data_center_id = ? ORDER by rand() limit 1

    That makes me wondering, why ordering by random the projection?! That can
make problems harder to debug. Whatever, that is not the focus here.
    The only ways I see that select returning nothing are the following:
    • If we have no hosts in the zone;
    • If all of the hosts have hypervisor_type equal to null, is it even
possible to have a host with hypervisor_type = null?
    I would be concerned about the first case, a zone with no hosts. Thus, we
should have to check when the method
“com.cloud.hypervisor.ovm3.resources.Ovm3HypervisorGuru.performSideEffectsForDelegationOnCommand(long,
 Command)” is called.
    What API method ends up in that code, or what action of ACS is going
execute it?

---
with INFRA.
---