Is everyone happy with a cutdown collab - with only one track?
I'm seeing quite a refreshing number of new names in the mailing list
currently, I worry that it will be hard to cater for everyone with just one

-----Original Message-----
From: Giles Sirett <>
Sent: 13 March 2018 09:01
Subject: Cloudstack collab conference 2018

I've been speaking with Rich Bowen about the feasibility of holding another
Cloudstack Collaboration Conference in conjunction with Apachecon
Apachecon is 24-27 September, Montreal

Rich has said that we can have a room for Monday 24th  + one other day (I'm,
hoping that would be Tuesday) , so CCC could be 24-25 September

We could probably squeeze in 20 talks across the 2 days and would look to bolt
on a hackathon at the end on Wednesday 26th (if Apachecon isn't able to
accommodate the hackathon, we do know a friendly company in Montreal who *may*
be able to host that)

WE NEED TO MOVE QUICKLY: The CFP for apachecon is already open and closes March
30 So, I'd like to get a broad feeling here of support to do this

Theres not much needed to make this happen:

  1.  Confirm with Rich that we want to do this
  2.  Get updated - volunteers needed
  3.  Point our community at the exisiting CFP  - and then help on the
submissions process - volunteers needed
  4.  Promote, etc

Kind regards