Boris does have a valid point

We have to imagine a user - think of somebody installing cloudstack long  after
a version release.

They hit  problem, they google that problem. If its already been seen, they
will *usually* find a JIRA ticket which describes their problem and (depending
on whether it has been fixed) describe the fix, version numbers,etc

Think of JIRA as a documentation platform

As a non-developer, trying to decipher a PR and its comments simply does not
give me that same functionality. It may give people on this list what they
want, but not necessarily users

Having said all of that, the discussion here has been about moving to Github
issues. AKAIK, that would recreate the functionality that I describe above - so
his may be a moot point

Kind regards
Giles

giles.sir...@shapeblue.com