I may have voiced my concerns earlier but as a user, I think that JIRA issues are easier to follow than PRs.
- As Paul said an issue may affect more than one version.
- It may also require more than one PR to fully resolve the issue.
- Issues tend to be described in terms of a problem that the user would recognize while PRs are most often described as what was done to fix the problem. The JIRA could be much easier to relate to what the user is seeing and more likely to show up in Google.

Ron