Using Github issues is already a standard now, for reference this was the
voting thread:

https://markmail.org/message/y5zgkssmwp4sh43t

I agree that Github milestone tagging on a pull request is limited to one per
PR which I don't like as well. However, there is a workaround that may be used.
A PR can be part of multiple projects that can have lists of 'todo', 'in
progress', 'done' etc. I had experimented with them here:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/projects

We can experiment if milestone can be used to map a PR towards a release
(useful for RM-ing) and use Github projects towards tagging/mapping a PR
towards multiple releases? The other way in-addition we can explore could be to
use Github labels?

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>