On 3/15/19 10:20 AM, Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT) wrote:
> Hi Giles,
>
>> I would *expect*  4.13.0 (LTS) to be released in Q2, which  will
>> supersede the 4.11 branch as the current LTS branch
>
> Are you confident that this schedule can be kept?
> 4.12 is still in RC right now, and I don't think it's a good idea to
> rush another major release in just 3 months...

4.11.3 will be released first with some bugfixes to keep 4.11 a proper
release.

4.12 needs to go out now so that we can test and prepare for 4.13. I'm
confident we can have a stable and proper 4.13 release as long as we
don't keep the window open for too long.

The major problem is having the master branch open for a long time,
features going in and people not testing it sufficiently.

By having a relatively short period between 4.12 and 4.13 we can catch
most bugs and stabilize for a proper LTS.

Wido