Yes. This seems right to me.

The LTS release was introduced for exactly the purpose of giving
organizations with production deployments a predictable and stable path for
upgrades. There has to be a reasonably sized window for adoption of the new
LTS release before the previous one can be abandoned.

I think what Rene posted is a good guide. If we have other documentation
which specifies specific dates (which may be outdated), we may want to go
through and update to inspire more confidence in the LTS versions and the
expected upgrade path/window.

Cheers,

Will