Hi,

On my Ubuntu laptop I tried building the main branch and this fails:

[INFO] --- download-maven-plugin:1.6.3:wget (download-checksums) @ cloud-engine-schema ---
[WARNING] Ignoring download failure.
[WARNING] Could not get content
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException (Alert.java:131)
    at sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal (TransportContext.java:352)

I traced this back to this part:

*engine/schema/pom.xml*
                    <execution>
                        <id>download-checksums</id>
                        <phase>validate</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>wget</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>

<url>https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/${cs.version}/md5sum.txt</url>

<outputDirectory>${basedir}/dist/systemvm-templates/</outputDirectory>
                            <skipCache>true</skipCache>
                            <overwrite>true</overwrite>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>

The 'url' points to download.cloudstack.org where it wants to download a resource.

https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/4.16/md5sum.txt

I can download the file just fine via my browser, with cURL or wget, but my Java on my Ubuntu laptop seems to fail.

I'm building with openjdk-11-jdk on Ubuntu 20.04 which is version:

javac 11.0.14.1

It seems that my local Java is missing the certificate chain for the LetsEncrypt cert for download.cloudstack.org

Anybody else seeing this?

Wido