Geoff Howard wrote:

Christian Haul wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 18:40 Europe/Rome, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Anyone an idea about the licence for JMS & JNDI redistribution?

we cannot redistribute those. but you could have a build.xml in the block and get them from ibiblio's maven repository.

Damn. I was afraid you'd say this. It's just that the Sun license for them has some limited redistribution addition and the OpenJMS project does distribute them (even without including a license file for them).

Looks like I need to look into this local build file thing :-| Life could be so easy.

Will ant's get task work?

google gave me this example:

<get dest="${libdir}/picocontainer-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" usetimestamp="true" ignoreerrors="true" src="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven//picocontainer/jars/picocontainer-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar";>

</get>

But a browse around ibiblio reveals:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jms/
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jndi/

exist but don't have any jars.

And looks like Stephen knows why - I had assumed ASF was being conservative (wisely, I assume) and that ibiblio would be able to redistribute.

I guess the best bet would be to grab the openjms package which contains everything needed? Unless it can be automated we'll need some work on the block to make sure it compiles and cocoon can start up without that part. Not sure how to pull that off.

Chris, I'm really excited about this new work you've put in - it shows the potential off beautifully.

Now I've got to go look at the code!

Geoff