Yeah, the confusion with the memory bug was partly due to me. After your
original fix that still had a problem with the reader I introduced the
bug again when I tried to fix that.

I agree that your latest fix should definitely work. In fact I took the
opertunity to install anteater and whereas before I could run the test
script for this bug 4300 times before memory creeped up to 115MB I am
now at iteration number 5500 and seeing a stable 50MB's.

I haven't yet voted, but +1 for releasing!

Unico