From:   Corin Moss [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Monday, March 08, 2004 1:03 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: regarding JCS usage...

Hi,

I agree that this is bad news.

Before a decision is made one way or another, it might be a good idea to
agree on minimal functionality required of a store.  I'm not overly in
favour of a true light-weight cache like EHCache being the only
supported caching mechanism.  In my usage of JCS I intend to utilise the
distributed caching functionality, and see that this is a really big
plus of JCS.

Perhaps we need to investigate having several options for caching which
are actively supported?  This would allow users like myself who have
Cocoon spread over multiple servers to use the advanced functionality of
the distributed cache.  Perhaps something light-weight like EHCache or
similar could be used by default? Provided of course, that both can be
actively supported ;)

Would it be worth polling the users and dev lists to get something of a
"wish-list" for store functionality?

WDYT?

Corin