Today I got stuck using JXTG in what I thought would have been a quite common use case. I have to generate a cforms definition file (a selection list, actually) which is dynamically built from a bean that returns a Map.

This beans (which, BTW, is an Avalon component) resides in the session, so I thought that something along ${cocoon.session.getAtttribute('mybean').getMap()} or the equivalent #{$cocoon/session/attribute['mybean']/map} would have done the trick, but indeed that wasn't the case. I thought that there was something weird with the cocoon.session part, since is FOM bases and flow was involved only to a certain extent, so I resorted to a sitemap parameter:

<map:parameter name="mybean" value="{session-attr:mybean}"/>

but even this one seems unwilling to behave as I expected. The thing is that if I try just ${cocoon} I can see my parameter=MyBean there, and if I try ${cocoon.parameters.mybean} I indeed get a [EMAIL PROTECTED], so the object is there (pardon my funky syntax: I'm writing on a bus and don't have the actual code in front of me, please consider that I *think* I'm using a correct syntax. However, I'm still unable to access any accessor of my object: all I get is an empty evaluation that carries a firghtening nothing using Jexl syntax, and a non-existent path using JXPath's. I feel I'm doing something *horribly* wrong, but ATM I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

--
Gianugo Rabellino
    (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)