Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

That's exactly what I suggest above: we choose a standard default language, but open the possibility to plug in new ones. XPath is a must-have, Jexl and IM have very valid use cases which IMO justify them to be provided by Cocoon. Other languages are just a possibility that we offer _if_ people want to add their own language.

What can you do with Jexl what you can't do with an XPath based
language? My understanding is that they only differ in their syntax
('.' instead of '/').
Now even if Jexl has more functionality I don't see a reason why
this could not be added to an xpath based language.

Technically this should be possible, but how do we write something like "widget.getChild("foo").getAttribute("bar")" in XPath?

Tecnically, this will be getAttribute(getChild($widget, "foo"), "bar")

in JXPath. Not exactly easy to read, but possible :)

Vadim