Robert Graham wrote:

Note that these assume a dynamic search of the refdoc index - I think
the full power of the refdoc will be available only when querying the
Lucene index directly, as is done in some of these use-cases, but the
document-oriented version (that will probably be published as static
HTML pages) will contain the same information, only with less precise
searches. The Lucene index will be available to people who start Cocoon
on their own machines anyway, so I think having to use the Lucene index
for precise queries is not a big problem.

I always have believed that a dynamic use was if not the end goal for
this project it was at least the target for RefDoc in the future. We
still have a month to complete whatever it is you'd like and perhaps I
could better achieve it if I knew what you had in mind? Although, I'd
like to finish even if it isn't before September.

The dynamic searching capability can be got for free by integrating your work into Forrest (a cocoon based publishing framework that is used by Cocoon and many other projects to publish their websites [1]). We (the Forrest devs) are watching with interest. If you can make it work in a static environment then it is a simple step to create a plugin in Forrest which already includes Lucene for searching.

Of course, Bertrand may have something else in mind as well.

Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org