Hi,

I'm mainly active on the users list, but being a full-time developer I am also monitoring the dev mailing list, just to keep my eyes open for new interesting features..

I do think that the feedback on the users list is rather low. Traffic on that list is usually much lower on the users list than on the dev list. So I would like to encourage either more dev people to monitor the users list, or to do some merging of some kind.

Just as we speak, a message called "multiple xpaths" has been reposted on the dev list by someone who was not satisfied with the response on the users list. And more important, I am very sure that other members on the users list are interested in answers from dev people as well.

Too bad you cannot cross-post between the two lists, that alone could have made
things easier.

I am also against "user" list. It has a degenerating tone to it, and the fact that many developers are not subscribed to user@ seems to promote that notion further.

My suggestion;

  1. Rename the list "support@" or some similarly positive term.

2. Route all support@ mails to dev@ with a [SUPPORT] subject marker. That keeps users who want to be protected from the RTs, wild dev discussions
     and so on.

+1 to this idea. Though, where should answers go?

Cheers,
Geert