Le 12 oct. 05, à 14:08, hepabolu a écrit :

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
Le 12 oct. 05, à 13:06, Torsten Curdt a écrit :
Instead of waiting for this *not* to happen
(and we know it's not going to happen) I'd say -
let's ask the people whether those old bugs still
apply...
I like the idea - how do you suggest asking?
We could add a comment to each open issue with the question (which would send a mail to bug reporters), pointing to a wiki page with an explanation, and set all bugs to NEEDINFO?

Sounds good and at least requires less work than going over all of them by hand. Can this be done as a batch?..

Yes, do a query like http://tinyurl.com/9nxs2 and select "change several bugs at once". Then we can enter a comment (which people will get by mail) and change the issue state.

Caveats:
-For some reason the "mark as NEEDINFO" option does not appear in this case, so we might not be able to use this state for this purpose. I suggest using LATER, and having people change state to REOPENED if they want to confirm the issue.

-This will send a *lot* of mails to dev@, we should warn people before we do this, they might want to adjust their mail filters

How about:
"We noticed this bug is open for quite some time...

I've expanded on this, see "Bugzilla comment to send" at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BugzillaIssuesCleanup - this is the page to which bugzilla comments (i.e. mails that people will receive) will point.

-Bertrand