Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Let me reformulate, I like the idea:
a) move issues to jira first, set bugzilla readonly

b) do the cleanup in jira, which will send the emails to people with links to jira

c) people go to jira to confirm or close the issue.
The issue includes a backlink to the old bugzilla issue (according to Jeff Turner elsewhere in this thread, but http://issues.apache.org/jira/ is down currently, I cannot check) in case they want to check the info.

Is that what you mean?

I like this idea. You avoid the problem that people are reminded about bugs in a system that subsequently is not used any more. It also (partly) clarifies the bug cleanup operation: starting off with a "clean" slate.

So I'm +1 for this order.

Bye, Helma